Mini Review : How To Get Over Your Ex by Nikki Logan

Summary (from Goodreads)

Title : How To Get Over Your Ex
Author : Nikki Logan
Publisher : Harlequin KISS
Publication Date : January 22nd 2012
Goodreads - The Book Depository


After her on-air proposal is turned down by her commitment-phobe boyfriend, Georgia Stone must learn to survive singledom. Unfortunately, thanks to a clause in her contract, she has to do it under the watchful gaze of brooding radio producer Zander Rush. And so begins the Year of Georgia! Lurching from salsa classes to spy school, Georgia discovers a taste for adventure. Her biggest thrill so far? Flirting with danger-aka the enigmatic Zander. But admitting she's ready for more than just a fling...? Definitely Georgia's scariest challenge yet!


Personal Thoughts

Once in a while, I like to indulge in cozy contemporary romances just to relax because they always leave me in a good mood. While How To Get Over Your Ex had an interesting and fun sounding premise, I didn't find myself being thoroughly enjoyed because for the most part I was bored out of my mind.

Georgia Stone proposes to her boyfriend on air only to have him reject his proposal. Humiliated, Georgia wants nothing to do with the string of paparazzi and the pity-stares of the public. Unfortunately for Georgia, she's still under contract with the radio. Zander Rush, the station's producer, asks her to be part of a show, The Year of Georgia, for which she has to go on different new adventures.

Personally, I thought the characters in this book were rather bland. I felt like they didn't have much of a personality. Plus, the dialogues between Georgia and Zander seemed forceful and didn't seem very realistic, at least to me. I also thought that they didn't have chemistry together. Whenever they would appear in a scene together, I didn't see that spark that should have been there, so in the end their romance didn't seem genuine enough to me. I expected more substance from the characters and the romance which unfortunately was absent from this book. The plot ,on the other hand. was fun though. I loved seeing Georgia going on those adventures and enjoying herself. This could have been a really entertaining read had the characters not been so lifeless.

Overall, I wasn't impressed by How To Get Over Your Ex, but that doesn't mean you won't be. If you're looking for something light and fun, then I suggest you give this book a try because you might enjoy it a lot more than I did!

Rating

Cover : 4/5
Plot : 3/5
Characters : 2/5
Writing : 2/5


Big thanks to Harlequin and NetGalley for the e-ARC of How To Get Over Your Ex.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)