Waiting On Wednesday (33) : My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine to show the  upcoming titles that we're mostly eager for.


Summary (from Goodreads)

Title : My Life After Now
Author : Jessica Verdi
Publisher : Sourcebooks Fire
Publication Date : April 1st 2013

Goodreads - The Book Depository

WHAT NOW?

Lucy just had the worst week ever. Seriously, mega bad. And suddenly, it’s all too much—she wants out. Out of her house, out of her head, out of her life. She wants to be a whole new Lucy. So she does something the old Lucy would never dream of.

And now her life will never be the same. Now, how will she be able to have a boyfriend? What will she tell her friends? How will she face her family? Now, every moment is a precious gift. She never thought being positive could be so negative. But now, everything’s different…because now she’s living with HIV.

  
Hi guys!

So, it's been a while since I've done a WoW, but I saw this really interesting title earlier on Goodreads and thought it looked very much realistic. I'm all for books that deal with real-life issues and this book seems just that! I think My Life After Now would make a brilliant book that teaches a life lesson, showing how one small mistake can lead to a bigger one. I don't think I've read any YA book that tackles any sort of STD, so this book should be very interesting.

What do you guys think of my choice?
Is this a book that you would be willing to give a try?What are you people waiting for this Wednesday? Leave your links below so I can visit you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)